Monday, September 19, 2011

X-Men First Class Now Available on DVD | Review

I am a huge movie buff, I will admit it but if the movie doesn't grab me within the first 10 minutes it's over for me. I have seen all of the X-men movies and loved them all; some more than others, my fiancée is a huge fan of X-men so he's a bit partial. I originally saw the trailer for this movie on television when it was first being released in theaters and it didn't thrill me at all so we never went to see it in theaters. I had the chance to review the movie and I must say it was much better than I expected it would be from the trailer. The one thing I really didn't like about this movie was the beginning of it, because it skipped back and forth between Professor X and Magneto before they met which lead up to how they met. I understand why they needed to put that in there but it was very confusing to me. At first I didn't know who was who or what was going on until I caught on a bit later after all the bouncing around was finished.

Overall I loved the movie, while I could have done without the bouncing back and forth in the beginning the movie was amazing. The characters had wonderful interactions between each other and the movie flowed very well. The plot was interesting and it was a great way to fill in everyone on how Professor X and Magneto came to be and their relationship which really isn't touched on much in the other movies. If you have not seen any of the X-men movies I highly recommend starting with this movie and then moving forward to the other X-men movies. X-men First Class is an amazing addition to the X-men movie collection and a must see for any Marvel Comic fan or if you love action adventure movies this one will not disappoint.




 

WITNESS THE BEGINNING.
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
The  Ultimate Blu-ray and DVD Experience Arrives on
First Class Friday, September 9th


 

Summary: Before they were superheroes, the fate of humanity depended on an extraordinary group of youngsters who went on to become X-MEN: FIRST CLASS.  Based on the international bestselling Marvel Comics franchise, this box office hit bursts onto Blu-ray and DVD Friday, September 9 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. For the first time ever, "X-Men" fans will have the power to choose a side between Professor X and Magneto with two versions of premium collectible Blu-ray packaging.  Also exclusively on Blu-ray, fans receive access to over two hours of special interactive features PLUS ten Marvel "X-Men" Digital Comics including a never-before-seen "X-Men: First Class" backstory - redeemable through each Blu-ray's unique packaging code.



Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Kick Ass) tells the true origins of the multi-billion dollar film franchise, guiding exceptional performances by Golden Globe® nominee James McAvoy (Atonement), Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds), and Golden Globe® winner Kevin Bacon ("Taking Chance," Mystic River).  A "rare movie event that balances an intelligent story with solid performances, first-rate action and top-of-the-line special effects" (Ben Lyons, E!), X-MEN: FIRST CLASS has drawn an impressive $150 million at the domestic box office and nearly $350 million worldwide.

Before Charles Xavier (McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Fassbender) took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time, working together to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.  The film  features a star-studded supporting cast, including Academy Award® nominee Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone), January Jones ("Mad Men"), Rose Byrne (28 Weeks Later), Zoë Kravitz ("Californication"), Nicholas Hoult (A Single Man), Lucas Till (Walk the Line), and Emmy Award® nominee Oliver Platt ("The West Wing").



You can purchase X-men First Class at retailers nationwide or on Amazon for $18.99.

i was provided with the above mentioned product in order to provide my honest review. i received no other compensation. all opinions in this post are mine and mine alone. please see my disclosure policy for more information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment